I had used groupon and they were okay. When I had problems, they stood behind their product. So I decided to try livingsocial. Unfortunately I tried livingsocial for a present! I can't tell you the humiliation when I showed up at the business and was told that I was getting something different than I paid for. They told me that I was not the only one who had misunderstood what was promised and they said it was all livingsocial.

The customer service was some of the worst I have ever received and only made me angrier. don't use them!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 04, 2012.

Comments

Wichita, Kansas, United States #590018

I purchased a coupon becore Christmas for $50. It said I would receive $10 if I spent $50.

After I made the purchase, I received an email that said I wouldn't receive the $10 until after January. I completely forgot about it until I received another email saying my $10 COUPON CODE expired in two days. What?! This was the first email I received giving me a coupon code.

I thought it would be a credit to my account. I thought no big deal, I'll just by the coupon I'd had my eye on. I purchased it on my phone and before it showed me a total or anything, it processed my payment. It didn't give me the option to my code in!

I decided to wait to email them seeing as we were getting ready to go see a show using another coupon. We walked in to get our tickets and they told us that our tickets were for the previous night! I am by no means blaming LS for this mistake. However, the arena box office seemed very sure that LS would be willing to work with us about getting the mistake corrected.

At this point I am almost in tears, we went home and I emailed them about both issues. The emails the next day basically sad that they want us to be satisfied and enjoy our experiences but their polocies don't allow them to help in these situations. Concerning the coupon code they said, " We're sorry for the confusion, but per the terms of the promotion, the codes cannot be used on mobile devices. However, you can still use that code to make a purchase on your computer." The coupon expired that day and there was no way I was buying another one!

Basically in one day, they helped me shove $73 down the drain. My sister who went to the same show we tried to go to, said they paid LS $43 for each ticket. When they received the tickets stubs from the arena, they said $42 each. Living Social is suppose to give really good deals.

This is not a deal at all!!

I will be sticking with Groupon. They are the best!